So this week was a tough one . . . and I’m sure I’m not alone. The students have a little spring fever . . . the “to do” lists are getting longer . . . the assessment “season” is upon us . . . and I feel EVERY YEAR at this time like I have one foot in THIS year and one foot in NEXT year. It’s a lot.
To try to counter my crabbies and stress, I have decided to acknowledge 5 things for which I am totally grateful. There are so many more–but I thought I’d get us started. Feel free to chime in with ideas of your own! Maybe collectively we can keep each other out of the funk I feel myself slipping into!
Here we go!
1. My family. I am blessed–despite our challenges with autism and more–to have a family of bright, interesting people to love and support.
2. My beautiful house and neighborhood. We saved a long time and lived in rentals until we could afford to build a house on a lot we love. We have that now–it’s been 9 years and I still love to look out my back window.
3. Creativity. I feel my blog and my other recent adventures have allowed me to tap into the more creative side of me that has been missing for quite some time. I have promised myself to not let that disappear again . . .
4. My crazy, disorganized mind. I am not proud of this . . .
. . . but I am proud of what that mind can do and accomplish! I know that being “like me” can drive people around me crazy (sorry, dear spouse . . . I really don’t try to!) but I also know that what causes the above issue also can produce wonderful and amazing things.
5. My friends and coworkers. I know that we have TONS of stress and we never feel like we are quite doing enough or have quite enough time or quite enough resources. But I can honestly say I wouldn’t want to navigate this storm with any other group of people. That includes all of you! Thanks!
Anyhoo–it’s just a quick post today to try to help get myself back on a positive track! Weekend goals? Two new problems sets for my class and my TpT store! Watch soon for a measurement conversions set and an elapsed time set!
Have a GREAT weekend–my post tomorrow introduces a great giveaway that you MUST check out!